Research tells us that everyone knows someone who is misusing prescription painkillers or abusing heroin.
Opioid abuse is widespread. The stats are alarming. The effects are devastating.
Here are 10 fast facts that you should know about the opioid crisis in America.
1. A startling 128 people die every day from opioid addiction.
2. Every 11 minutes someone in America dies from the cycle of opioid addiction.
3. Opioid addiction and overdoses have increased 400% among women since 2000 and 265% in men.
4. More than 80% of all drug overdose deaths in the US in the first half of 2019 involved opioids.
5. Treatment with recovery medication is the most effective path to long-term recovery.
6. More people stick with a treatment program when they use recovery medication.
7. The FDA-approved medications for treating opioid use disorder are methadone, naltrexone, and buprenorphine.
8. Recovery medications improve a person’s life: reduce criminal activity, decrease illicit opioid use, decrease fatal overdoses, and improve birth outcomes.
9. Recovery medications relieve the withdrawal symptoms and psychological cravings that cause chemical imbalances in the body.
10. 1.9 million people die waiting for access to opioid treatment. Don’t be one of them.
Contact Pavana Treatment Group today for an immediate appointment: 704-490-4993